View Single Post
Holiday Park 12:40 PM 11-21-2012
Sorry another question about vacation/holiday stuff lol . I've been reading as much as I can , now that I am creating a new handbook for next year .

SO I want to give 10 sick days next year as an incentive, to keep sick kids home! Yes, I will still have regular strict illness policy rules too. I will already have a thing saying that if I get 3 months+ notice, of a vacation week, I'll charge nothing. Still deciding if I want to charge 1/2 weekly rate for shorter notification of a vacation. But as for 10 free sick days, I don't want them taking them all at once. Can you give me some ideas of stipulations like X amount of days can be used at once, at a time? I don't think it's fair to require any notice for a free sick day because those will likely happen unexpectedly. I will not refund,only give credit by pro-rating the following week, instead .
So how should I word a restriction on taking them all at once ? What do you think ? Or do you think I'm really giving away too much ? I want to be able to take 2-3 weeks a year unpaid,when my kids are out of school,that's why. And wanted to give something back in return, for having to take off so much,and also for charging them whether or not they come (if no 3month notice is given).
I do try to be as professional as possible,and I'm getting better about having a backbone. But I'm also not only caring for just 2 at a time, (sometimes 3,but if different schedules) but I'm not doing this for survival. My husband is the breadwinner,and I'm working to mainly help put food on the table and just pay down on some debts. So I'm trying to have a little more flexibility as one of my selling points (while still being firm on my policies) . It sure is a balancing act, isn't it . Trying to figure out what's fair,and what works for me.