Thread: Illness Policy
View Single Post
kelliskiddiekare 02:05 PM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
Welcome, KellisKiddieKare! Are you licensed? I, too, am in the state of Nebraska, and we are now required to have a rather lengthy, very specific paragraph on this in our handbooks per the state.

If you would like mine, you may private message me with an e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you (it's on my super slow laptop that I do not use for this forum).

But...I think you will have a hard time retaining clients with your illness policy. The norm is 24-hours fever/puke/diarrhea/discharge free, then back to daycare they go. I would love, love, love it if each parent and/or other family member or close friend would take 1-2 days off each and keep the DCK away from us for the rest of the week. I've suggested it, but it hasn't and probably never will ever happen. I just do my best to keep the suspected sickie away from others and out of my own face.

Of course, that's the beauty of owning your own business. You can have your own policies, and either your clients agree with them and sign on or not. I'm just trying to let you know what my experience has been on what DCFs are expecting and what the standard is, at least around my part of Nebraska. HTH
Thank you for your response. Yes I am licensed, but newly at that and did not realize it had to be a detailed policy. I am not requiring my parents to keep their kids out for more than 24 hours, but wanted opinions on it. There is so much illness right now and no matter how much I sterilize, SOMETHING is being spread.