View Single Post
Growing1atime 01:59 PM 09-27-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
If it were me, I would work on him to not to bite any children. It is normal for that ages but you can stop that. His pedi is correct to put his flick in the mouth. I have done like this in my daycare for 10 years and included my own children and it works very well.

I think it is silly to term him over small things but try to work with him whatever you can. Good Luck...
Isn't it illegal to flick a child in the mouth where you are? I know here in CA it is. I am pushing my luck by putting him in time out. I just can't take the chance.

Terming him is not a good option I agree. But at some point you have to be able to make decisions about your business that are best for you and the kids in the daycare. I like this kid, and I like his parents (so far) but I have to ask myself do I want to have the added stress of having a child here that will bite other children? Is it worth the amount of money that I am making?

I am willing to do some simple redirection, and calmly telling him not to bite and putting him in time out, but if it doesn't work then Terming him may be what is next.