View Single Post
daycare 02:19 PM 06-14-2012
Originally Posted by small_steps:
Ok...I have a parent who is a teacher. I allowed her to go to part time care this summer. I'm totally ok with that except she is going back and forth about the days and hours she needs. At the beginning of May I sent out a paper to her with different part time rates...2 days per week, 3 days, and then full time. I also gave her the option to do the Mother's Day Out program that I just started. She chose Mother's Day Out which is less expensive for less hours.
For my drop in rate I charge $40 per child. For Mother's Day Out (9am-3pm) I charge $20 per day but it's 2 day/week minimum. For any extra hours, before or after my normal hours for care I charge $10 per hour. She is wanting me to keep them all day Monday and even open an hour earlier and then Wednesday will be MDO again. I have no idea what to charge and it's not really fair to me to give her the full time rate she paid during the school year for a day which would be $51 for both of them (at least I don't think its fair). So I'm not sure if I should charge her the drop in rate for both kids, or charge her the MDO rate since that's what she is contracted for and charge her the extra hourly fee.
What would you guys charge? I told her I would get back with her as we are going out of town and I'm not sure what time we will even be home Sunday night and if it's late I may not want to open that hour early.
so your MDO program is 6 hours at 3.33 am hour. I am sure that this is what she is wanting.

how many hours does she want for monday?

I would charge her $10.00 early open fee
and then the normal drop in rate for monday and the $20.00 rate for the MDO

If she signed the contract and then wants to change the hours or time, then you need to make a new one reflecting the changes.