View Single Post
daycare 12:34 PM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Thank you for the advice everyone. I stepped away from my thread for a day to digest all points of view.

Today was much better. Instead of several incidents where she was mean or used her hands to make her point there were two and both were very mild compared to normal. First thing this morning she used her hands to remove her sister's hands from a toy (gently but still wrong) and about 10 minutes ago (end of day here) she taunted her sister to chase her and then closed a door on her. Other than that she tried really hard to be nice and I "caught" her stopping herself once from using her hands. She didnt see me but she went to reach for something someone had and then changed her mind and got up for another toy.

Both times she went to Time Alone on her own and there was a tantrum this morning but none this afternoon. Today might be a fluke but I feel postive again about fixing my little miss with some hard work.

Nannyde - I'll gladly take you up on some advice. I haven't been on the board long but I value your opinion already. Pming you now.
wow sounds good.... Also, when you see the DCG doing something good like stopping herself from using her hands, do everything you can to make a great deal out of this and how wonder it is... Praise her like she is the best thing in the world. Heck, make an announcement to all of the kids...say WOW everyone did you see Kimmy, she did such a wonderful job not using her hands or ___________. Yeah horray for kimmy. get all of the kids to clap, Show her that she will get attention this way instead...........