View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 11:57 PM 10-28-2014
Originally Posted by areyoulightning:
I am the mother of an 8-month-old boy. He has been going to daycare full-time for 5 months. Me and my husband really like our daycare provider, and so does our son.

About a month ago, our son started having trouble napping at daycare. His nighttime sleep was getting worse, too -- we went from 1 wakeup to 3. We were gone on a family vacation for a while, and returned home where his sleep worsened. Right now, we're sleep training him (Sleepeasy) and nightweaning him. He's starting to get much more sleep at night! We're on night 4 right now.

Unfortunately, his naps aren't improving. Before we started Sleepeasy, he would sometimes just cry and cry unless he was held. I had to pick him up a couple of times because he was so upset and wouldn't sleep or play. There are probably a couple of things going on, including teething, that are making this so hard.

My provider and I have been in regular contact about my son's sleeping and different methods we can try to help him. Still, I worry that we are in danger of getting kicked out of daycare because of my son's trouble napping/crying.

Can anyone give me any insight about how likely we are to be kicked out? And if you have any tips on how to nap train a cranky 8 month old, please pass them on!
I also don't term for just any reason...

I see some important good things in your post. First, you are obviously concerned for your child's well being and happiness not only with you but also with his daycare provider. Some parents don't care in that respect.

Have you told the provider what exactly you are doing at home to help??

Have you asked the provider how they are doing naps? As in routine, what leads up to it, what times they lay him down, do they use music etc??

Have you asked the provider for suggestions that may help??

On the weekends does he nap with you ??

I can see you really care about your baby and you understand the importance of sleep on his behavior and well being. And, as a provider, just a parent being WILLING like you are, to help at home, means he WORLD to me.

Talk to you provider. Find out how THEY are doing it. Communicate openly. Explain you are trying to do your part.

If, after all that, they term you, I'd venture to say that may be a good thing.