View Single Post
Unregistered 06:34 PM 10-10-2010
I just want to say that while it is clear that you want to protect your daycare kids, I don't think you are being honest with yourself. That area, as it stands, is NOT safe. It would take a child about 2 seconds to flip that laundry basket over and use it as a step. The fact that a child hasn't climbed the railing, doesn't mean that one won't in the future. As for "the drop being fairly short" in that area...that will NOT protect you from a lawsuit or even jail if someone falls. It won't matter if they are not seriously hurt...in all liklihood you will be sued.

I would get the plexi-glass. It will eliminate the problem of a child trying to climb or getting stuck. It might not be a bad idea to get a set of cubbies and place it in front of the railing and use that as a "toy box."

I totally get that you want to pay off those credit cards, but think of all that could be lost if you don't fix this problem TODAY.

Can I ask a question? Did you tell the parent of that child what happened? Can you imagine telling her and then letting them know that you want to fix it, but you're trying to pay off the credit cards?

You were very, very lucky. Please don't let this wake up call go unheeded!