View Single Post
blessedmess8 10:00 AM 09-06-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
I feel like that is pretty much what I am doing but when I was going through the registration process I felt a lot of pressure that you need to do this and that. At this point I'm trying to just keep good records and give the kids a stable, fun place to be while mom and dad are working. I feed healthy meals and snacks, let them color, read to them, go outside and play, play inside, nap time, a little tv time. If I can do what you are suggesting and not get any flack for not having a more dynamic program I think I can work on things and make my program the best it can be or at least close.
Then you are doing great things!! When I first started my hchild care home, I had big plans to do developmental testing, porttfolios, monthly newsletters, etc, like I had done in the center I was at. I had a rude awakening! As one individual, I was setting my own standads too high, therefore feeling like a failure. If a child's basic needs are met, and they feel loved and safe, then yo are setting the stage for their brains to learn what they need to through play!! I've found that most parents who want their child in a home daycare want them to be there because it is a HOME. It took me a while to figure out they don't want all the bells and whistles; they want to know their child is comfortable and loved! It takes a long time to figure out what works for you and what your limitations are, but you'll get there! If you want to involve parents more, maybe send a mass text once a day or week to let the parents know what their kids are up to. I know I send tons of pictures via text and the parents love them!!