View Single Post
AllDeezBabies 02:49 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Future Home Daycare Provi:
I have started the process and so far I am doing everything alone and I was just trying to get advice from anyone who has already went through this process. How long will it take and should I start buying things already?
In Chicago they will ask that your daycare be set up when they come to do the home evaluation. Your licensing representative will come to you to view how you are set up, look at your first aid kit, check all your sockets, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors. I will advise you to go ahead and get things ready.

I went to Craigslist.org and was able to get some great deals from people that were closing daycare center and daycare homes. They have the ABC fire extinguishers at Home Depot for $17-$20 and smoke detectors for $4-$5 (remember you need one for each room the children will be in) and carbon monoxide detectors from there as well for $17-$20. I purchased my first aide kit from Walmart for $9.99.

The total process for me was about 6 months before the fire marshall came out to do the home inspection. If I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to post it here. Good Luck and congrats on your business venture!!!