View Single Post
momofboys 09:53 AM 01-28-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
It really erks me when a parent doesn't call so say they are late or not showing up. I have regular business hours (6am-6pm) but each family has their own contracted of hours they are allowed to bring their kids on. If they are running late and don't have the consideration to call, I don't have the consideration to wait for them.

For example, I have 2 dcb's and their mom used to be late and not call. Well I talked to her but she'd still be late. Her pick-up was 4:30 and she wouldn't pick him up until 5 or 5:30 sometimes then say "Oh but you're open till 6 right?" GRRR. So what did I do? I gave her a 15 minute grace period and then left to do shopping, pay bills etc. AND TOOK HER TWO BOYS WITH ME. Then I'd wait for her to call my cell phone

HER "Um, I'm here to pick up my kids" (she's at my house)
ME "Oh sweetie you missed me. I had things to do today and since you didn't call I figured you were running late and didn't know how late you'd be so I brought them with me. I'm at (wherever I was at the time). You can come over and get them here. It's a good thing you called because I was on my way to (another city) next and you would have to drive all the way out there to pick them up. See you soon."

I had to do it a few times and always made it inconvenient for her to get them. Now keep in mind that this only worked because she lived 20 minutes away from me but worked in the same town which is why I watch her kids. If she would have gone home she would have driven 20 minutes out of her way then 20 minutes back to pick her kids up when I got back home, then another 20 minutes to get back home so she HAD to come to me to pick her kids up. I have to admit that I also put my phone on vibrate and didn't answer once she got to the store (or place that I was) so she had to get out of her car to find me and her kids and I made sure that we were always MOVING so it made it harder for her to find us .
LOVE IT! You are gutsy but I agree with you whole-heartedly!