View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 07:42 PM 03-08-2010
Our Day Care also offers Preschool. Any child of preschool age are automatically enrolled in my preschool classes at the beginning of the year until I feel I have all I can handle, then any other children are just enrolled in daycare. We even have some children who come from the outside just for preschool (9-11:30 am) on their age appropriate days (2 1/2-3 yr olds are T/Th, 4 & 5 yr olds are M/W/F). So far there is only one child who goes to preschool elsewhere, but that's only because he was already attending that preschool before he started daycare with us and because his older brother had gone to that preschool. This 4 yr old child does preschool with me in the mornings also, but goes to his other preschool 2 days a week in the afternoon. His schedule has, thankfully, not interrupted anything for us. He leaves during free play right after preschool ends and returns during naptime (but he comes in very quietly and lays down and goes right to sleep until it's time to get up, so it's no problem at all).