Thread: Two Bite Rule
View Single Post
Heidi 01:12 PM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
OK, made a pretty kid friendly lunch and they still wouldn't eat it!

Bologna sandwiches (on hamburger buns)
Tator tots
Kiwi
Yogurt-this is all they ate
Milk-no one even drank theirs

One ate their yogurt and starte "I'm done,I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, etc."
The other one started crying as soon as the yogurt was gone!
WTH?????

Are you SURE your food program requires you to put a full serving on each plate and put it in front of them???? I don't get that at all!

Lunch today...if they are ALL yogurt lovers and eat nothing else, next time, I'd skip the yogurt!. Start giving them ONLY super-healthy choices, and feed them family style. That means, they get an EMPTY plate and cup, all the food gets put in the middle of the table, and you supervise what they take. If everyone is whining and complaining, I'd just excuse the whole lot of them! I'd keep my face COMPLETELY nuetral, shrug my shoulders, and say "ok...you are excused". Then, I'd serve the SAME EXACT THING for afternoon snack!

I'm not talking Mommy Dearest here...serving the same gross rare steak for a week...but I'd keep the favorites out of the loop for a while (to "reset" their thinking), make it an activity (by serving themselves and doing the food pyramid game), and act like it doesn't matter to me. I'd also let all my dc parents know what's up...so the kids don't claim you didn't feed them. I can't imagine one of my dc parents saying "oh...no...you SHOULD waste all that food". I'd explain it in a kind way, but ask for their back-up...that means, no giving them crap on the way home because they're "hungry".