Thread: Preschool Only?
View Single Post
melissa ann 12:32 PM 08-17-2012
Does anyone just do a preschool program? I'm thinking of doing that instead of full-day childcare. With my kids getting older, 1 in 2nd and 1 in kindy I have to make 3 bus stop trips (about a block & a half away). It's really a hassle with parents not showing up on time, and I have to leave (which I do, then can find me), crabby kids who don't want to go out in the rain, cold, hot, the snow, whatever weather we are having. My ds has pm kindy, so I was thinking of doing a morning preschool program, from 9-11:30. I got a curriculum (I've done preschool with the daycare kids for the 4 yrs I've done childcare) and the preschool work is what I really loved about doing childcare.
I would be able to get my kids to/from the bus stop without other kids around, have afternoons free to do errands, appts, etc and have summers off.
I was wondering what to charge. I was thinking $10/day. I would do Mon. Wed, Fri. and Tue, Thur.
There is a preschool in my town held in a church. Last year they charged $99 for the 3 day week. and $76 for the 2 day week. I think my rates come out a little higher, but classes there are only 2 hours mine would be 2 1/2 plus they closed for more holidays then I would. Ex. I would be open Columbus day, Mon after Thanksgiving. (they are closed on those two days.) and others.
I was thinking too, if it works out, next year when my son is in 1st grade, I might be able to add an afternoon class, but not for both schedules, Maybe just the 3 day week so I could still have 2 days/week for errands,etc.
Any thoughts on this? Thanks.