View Single Post
daycaremom76 05:49 AM 12-27-2012
So I found my backbone and I am really excited!!!!! I have been a little (to say the least) lax about my sick policy.........I'm small and don't want to piss any parents off so I've let kids come when I know they should be home in bed. BUT after me and my kids being sick this past weekend I decided NO MORE! I came up with a new sick policy and enforced it this morning! One little one that's been sick the past few days (vomit/diareah) came this morning, all glassy eyed, drowsy and clinging to Mom. I watched him with Mom for a little while and his eyes just kept rolling into the back of his head like he was dead tired. Every time she tried to put him down he would scream and cry so Mom started going through his cubby looking for his pacifier and lovey (which are only allowed at naptime but I figured I would see how that went) sure enough he took both and Mom was able to put him down. He went over to the corner and laid down and started falling a sleep. Mom tried to duck out quick but I stopped her, I went over and tried to get him up to play with the group and he just fussed and cried and wanted to go back to sleep. I told Mom that he couldn't stay like this, either he still wasn't feeling well or he was extremely tired from being sick and would need to go home. I told her that if he wasn't able to participate with the group that he couldn't stay. She wasn't happy at all but another parent watched the situation unfold and was shocked that I sent him home. After the first mom left with her son the 2nd mother asked what was wrong with just letting him sleep on the couch. I asked her if she had anymore time to take off work when her daughter gets sick again and she replied no, and I replied to her, neither do I! She got what I was saying and it actually felt good to be in control of the situation rather try to dodge the cooties all day!