View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:28 PM 01-09-2013
Originally Posted by MNMum:
I'm hiring someone for 2 of 4 mornings per week(4 hours each time). I hope to use this time to get my grocery shopping done, my appointments done, and exercising at the gym, chores, paperwork. I have between 5-10 kids here at a time. My own children are 3, 6, and 10 and I am pregnant. I just feel that at this stage in our family we don't have enough time. I'm hoping I can get errands done during these mornings so we don't have to focus on this during our evenings and weekends. My group is small enough that it is manageable with one person. If I'm around the house I will prep lunch and help with inside/outside transitions. Also, my assistant is completing all necessary steps to become a co-provider so I can be off for 6 weeks after our 4th baby comes along.
I am not entirely positive but in MN when you hire an assistant or helper, you are suppose to be present when they are.

If you plan on hiring someone to sub for you, there is a limit to the number of hours you can use consecutively and in one month's time.

If you want to hire someone to cover for you on a regular basis when you are off site, you would need to add that person to your license.

Like I said, I am not 100% sure so I would definitely look through the regs or ask your licensor...I am just vaguely remembering that topic during a training we had years ago. But I thought I would mention it.