View Single Post
Laurel 10:48 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
DCB 2 yrs old bites same DCG at least once a week. Plays with her otherwise; this has been going on over 6 weeks. I understand biting is a normal behavior during the toddler years & dealing with it according to the experts. DCM of girl is mad. I've had talks with DCP & she just wants a head's up if I term him. What the what? I told DCP yesterday I will call to have him picked up if he does it again. I'm not sure when enough is enough. She seems to be more worried if I term him them helping with a solution.

DCP spends very little social time with her child. He is also the victim of biting from another child (her mother is friends with parent).

Thoughts?
The only solution I ever found was to shadow constantly. It is a real pain but I did it because the biter was my grandson. I also had another biter one time but just shadowed her. The other thing I did was to have the child that was bitten wear long sleeves/pants to lessen the impact of the bite.

I know for a fact that my grandson didn't 'get it'. I could see it in his eyes and he has a great mom and grandma for that matter. I don't agree with those who said maybe somehow the mom is lacking. Could be whether or not he is biting but I'm not for blaming the parent if a child bites.

I would have a really hard time terming because neither the child nor mom can really help it. I 'never' left him alone with the other children. If I had to change a diaper he went to his high chair with toys till I was finished. If I had to go to the bathroom he went with me....that sort of thing. Really hard but necessary.

Laurel