Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
mia 10:02 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by Springdaze:
I cant stand it when a child gets sick and the parents ask "has anyone else been sick?" I even had a dad get in a 2 yos face and say "your the one who got my kids sick!"
you and me both..... I have gone through this many times (not the dad thing thou - he would be asked to leave and not return) ....

I've had this client for 2 1/2 yrs.... have had no issues with any one before... this past Sept they put the oldest DCc in to a preschool for two times a week, I still have their youngest DCc, the first week after he started there and school started he came down with a cold... DCM asked me if anyone else was sick at the time there was not, a few days later there was another DCc that ended up sick.... the sickness went through like made ( Sept - Dec ) with colds, flu, pneumonia, bronchitis, 1/2 way through all this the same mom stated that, she hoped it was not going to be like last year where there was a lot of colds going around.... I replied, oh I hope not... So of course I did a lot more disinfecting of toys, and equipment in the daycare. After about a month into the sickness and cleaning... mom called and said she did not like how I was cleaning and that the product / supplies I used was not helping it was only making everyone sicker.... I told her I fallow the Daycare Protocol in cleaning.... and that I had been cleaning this way for over 20 years... but I would keep an open mind to any suggestion she may have... she then stated that she had none and did not know what to tell me... I continued to clean and disinfect all the daycare equipment. In the mean while she tells me that the preschool had another flu breakout going around ( here I am finally getting rid off all the illness errrr ). Two weeks went by then I received a e-mail from this mom again stating that they could not have their children exposed to the cleaning smells, and that the preschool her son goes to uses soap and water, bleach and water and when a outbreak occurs then they use a stronger chemical for that time frame. ( the exact same way I clean ) she failed to mention what the other chemical was that they use... I responded again stating that I have cleaned this way for over 20 years and have never had any issues or complaints, and that I fallow the exact daycare procedure on cleaning... I have not heard from her on this subject since.... I was clear of all illness over the Holidays... the children where back after being off for a few days to return to me sick with colds..... all 3 other DCc where fine until yesterday,

What do you all use to clean and disinfect your daycare equipment?????

Sorry for the rant....