Thread: Pink Eye
View Single Post
finsup 06:00 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
My son had a cold last week that turned into a sinus infection and this is really gross, but his sinuses were so full gunk was leaking out of his eye. I took him to the Dr. & she treated all of it with antibiotics. She explained to me that although its technically a form of pink eye, when it is linked to a cold/infection like that it is not considered contagious like normal pink eye. It is more your body's reaction to the infection. So although in theory the goop in the eye would be contagious just as snot is contagious, if he started antibiotics today I wouldn't exclude on Monday.

I'm with you though. I wish parents would just keep their kids home when they know they're sick. Even if they're not technically sick enough to be excluded per your contract, you know those little ones would feel better resting at home with mommy or daddy when they're battling such nasty colds. And it would be nice to not bring it in to the other kids as well. Wishful thinking

You really should add a section on pink eye in your handbook just to make things easier for you. I always tell parents 24 hours after starting antibiotics.
I was almost thinking something like that about the cold coming out through yuckiness in the eyes. I'm really glad he's going to have the whole weekend to recover from it!
Yup I wanted to say "so you and dcd can take days off when your sick but not when your kid needs it?!" He's 2...he needs rest, in his own bed, and his mom. Smh.
Yes, I am definitely adding it! I'm kind of thinking duh...why did I not have this in there already?? Lol.