Thread: Biters
View Single Post
Luke25 11:03 AM 08-24-2016
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
I have the same problem with dcg same age! I recently starting separating her from the other kids in her own area for most of the day. I will let one older kid at a time play in her area with her and it seems to be helping (my playroom is in the "living room" and i gate it off and she plays in the dining room with her toys so i can stay with her but still be able to supervise the playroom). I think being around all the commotion and stimulation from the older kids and all the toys is too stressful to her. She is super smart but still doesn't have the communication skills to be able to tell the older kids they are too close to her, too noisy, in her way, etc. I also make sure to remind the older kids that she is little, needs her space, and everyone needs to keep their hands to themselves (shes my only little one and has been with us since she was very little so the older kids think of her as THEIR baby too and like to give her lots of love and hugs...sometimes too much! Lol) Good luck!
Yes I definitely think this little one gets overwhelmed with all the kids and toys. He gets very out of sorts a lot of the time and doesn't have any real communication skills. I usually try and stagger their naps a little so that there is less time they have to be all together. They alsohave "break times" if I feel it is too much for them. I'll put a couple in pack and plays with books and toys and have a couple stay with me and then switch. And going outside helps a lot too. Hopefully with time and consistency it will stop!
It's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with this! Haha