View Single Post
Ac114 09:07 AM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Glad you are feeling better about it.

I'm at the point in my career (and life) where I would simply have said no.
They burned their bridge so there would be no bridge to cross to get to me.

I refuse to step in when they "need" me but gave little or no thought about how their actions affected me.

I understand the need for income (I am NOT dissing you for it ~ I've been there too!) but there will come a day where not all money is good money.

Hoping you at least charged them a drop in rate.
I’m getting to this point now blackcat! Me bending over backwards bit me in the butt so many times I am finally learning my lesson and setting boundaries. This job can make you miserable if you don’t set up boundaries from day 1.

My very first daycare family’s last day is next Friday. For over 2 years I have given them an extra 30 minutes for free and staying open until 6pm when I close at 5:30. Mom is off in time but chooses to run errands, go workout, basically do anything that doesn’t involve picking up her child. I told them a few weeks ago that I was done staying open until 6 because because I have children that have after school activities. They put in their 2 weeks. I need the money but I refuse to bend over backwards for families anymore.