View Single Post
Leigh 01:14 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Glad you are feeling better about it.

I'm at the point in my career (and life) where I would simply have said no.
They burned their bridge so there would be no bridge to cross to get to me.

I refuse to step in when they "need" me but gave little or no thought about how their actions affected me.

I understand the need for income (I am NOT dissing you for it ~ I've been there too!) but there will come a day where not all money is good money.

Hoping you at least charged them a drop in rate.
I agree. When they burn bridges with me (no show for interview, sign on and then don't show up, etc.), I block their number on my phone and block them on social media (even though we aren't friends) so that they can't contact me in the future. As my written list of PEOPLE THAT I NO LONGER SPEAK TO has gotten longer, I quit keeping track of those people and just block them so that I don't have to check a list. This started when, after a couple of no-shows and reschedules, a woman showed up on my doorstep one evening while I was shopping, pressing my husband to let her in to speak to me because she needed daycare starting the next morning. He called me and I told him to tell her that she stood me up over and over and that I wasn't going to be taking her kids. He told me that she had a total meltdown and yelled at him and insisted that I was in the house and needed to talk to her. He wound up just shutting the door in her screaming face while she was letting him have it. She missed her last scheduled interview because she stopped at the cell phone store on her way here (she stopped at around the time the interview was to start) to buy a new phone and it took 2 hours. After a few texts from her that she would be here in 5 minutes, I left and went on with my plans for the evening, and decided then that I won't reschedule no-shows again, ever, and to start just blocking them everywhere I could.