View Single Post
Crystal 05:29 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
I am almost afraid to post... But here I go-
I am required to have direct supervision in all situations except: when children are napping they can be in another room with the door not closed completely and a baby monitor. And my school age children can be out of direct sight as long as they are on my property and checked on every 15min.
I do have a separate room for nap that I check visually occ and I do allow SA children that prove they can make good choices play outside without me.

I also am allowed to potty alone- but kids have to be set up before- generally I usually put infants in pnp and toddlers tend to come in or stand just outside the door.
Don't be afraid to post. I really think this is a discussion that needs to be had. We all have our own philosophies of care and our own set of regs to follow. I just really want to know where everyone stands on this issue, and hopefully some who allow children to "free range" might reconsider, as it becomes a major liability issue when someone gets hurt under our watch, when we aren't actually watching, KWIM?