View Single Post
Laurel 07:35 PM 08-20-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I dont know the particulars of my licensing area because I am legally unlicensed, however, it never occurred to me to not supervise all kids at all times. For naps, I do separate the kids but I put everyone in a pack n play for as long as possible age wise partially due to the fact that I am not directly supervising during nap time. Every now and then I will have to run to another room to grab something but I even hate to do that. If the kids are up, I feel it is my job to be supervising. I dont even allow my 4 and 5 year old bio. children play in the backyard alone. even when we are outside, the rule is that if you cannot see me, you have to come closer or come out (if they are hiding somewhere). I need to see the kids and they need to see me (that rule keeps them from going to far off in our big fenced backyard or from hiding from me if they are trying to be funny or sneaky.
I've always done that too. I say "If you can't see me then you are in the wrong place. Come where you can see me."

Laurel