View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 04:03 AM 08-21-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I voted indirect also.

I let my kiddos potty by themselves and I don't directly supervise constantly during naps.

I will say though, i've had a couple of accidents this year when I was right there with them! A couple were just poor clumsy toddlers falling down after tripping over their own feet. Then today,ds's feeding tube coming out at the hands of a dcb happened so quickly, all I had time to do was reach and say "no!" But it was already done.
On a rare day I only had special dcg and her newborn brother, and because mom paid transportation and extra, I took the special one to three doc appointments yesterday. They were ones that couldn't be scheduled around mom.

And the special needle stick team came to draw blood cultures on her with an ultrasound... These people know girl very well. Anyway, they grabbed her out of my lap and snatched her Mickey j feeding tube right out of that tummy!! So not only was she mad they were gonna stick her but I had to out her feeding tube back in as well. She just had it upsized a few weeks ago and they never told mom they out 5cc in the balloon instead of her usual 3 cc and also never gave mom a 5cc syringe to replace the 3cc syringe with. Luckily I always have new sterile extras in my own bag. Because I used her standard 3cc syringe to deflate the balloon and it didn't completely deflate so I had to improvise and thank goodness I had a 5cc syringe lol. Dcg was NOT a happy camper lol