View Single Post
mom2many 11:59 AM 08-21-2013
I'm sight or sound...However, it depends upon the dcks and the ages as to how much direct supervision I give. My house is a fairly small open floor plan, so I'm "almost" always within constant sight and always within constant sound. However, there are times when I am in the kitchen and have an older preschool or S/A playing in the other room or when using the restroom, that I don't have my eyes on them.

I learned years ago with my own children that if someone becomes very quiet, they are usually up to something and need to be checked on! If I do leave the direct sight of a child, I am vigilant about checking on them...even the older ones when they are coloring or using glue sticks.

I have S/A that come home and have snack and sit at the kitchen table to do h/w, while the younger ones play in the adjacent room. I can sit and watch the younger ones and listen to what the older ones are doing w/o actually being in the same room.

I have never had anything destroyed in 27 years and have never had any injuries either- other than an occasional bump or bruise from falling down...Knock on wood!