Thread: Puking
View Single Post
midaycare 08:08 AM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I have never had a kid I sent home for puking, diarrhea, or fever who has had any of those symptoms once they got home if the exclusion was on a Monday through Thursday. I have had kids who had these on Friday or Monday through Thursday IF they were scheduled to be off the next day. If they are scheduled to come to daycare the next day they only have the symptoms at my house.

Whenever a kid pukes I take a pic of the puke and send it to the mom. I also bag their clothes and send them home. With diarrhea I bag the diaper and send it home. With fever I take two temps with two different thermometers and take pics and send them to mom.

I have found that showing proof STOPS the back and forth. I also tell them that I have never had a kid that has had a second vomit, third diarrhea (I exclude with second diarrhea) or a fever after they have left my house except on days when they aren't scheduled to for daycare the next day. I don't expect them to have any more issues and I am just excluding for what happened at my house TODAY not for how they are going to be at home.

I open the diapers and show mom at the door. I take out the puke clothes and show mom at the door. I have the two thermometers at the front door. Having proof and confirming the kid will be fine once home.eliminates the calls like you got. They have to stay home the next day because of what they had TODAY at my house. That is all this exclusion is about. I don't ask for them to go to the doctor. They can come back the day after tomorrow.
My stomach is in knots thinking of bagging a diarrhea diaper or stopping to take a pic of puke. Kudos to you! My stomach could not do it.