View Single Post
Willow 08:02 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
There is a case of lice but the children have NOT been exposed directly to it. The provider is simply informing the parent that there has been a case. Not that their child HAS come into contact with it.
How do you figure?

It's the providers child which means the entire house has been exposed.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have extensive experience and training in lice and it's removal due to a previous place of employment and lice is contagious when a person comes into direct contact with items, people and places where there are live nits, eggs and bugs. (Contrary to popular belief, lice do NOT jump or fly.) Others aren't going to get it if the provider performs the required activites to eradicate the nits, eggs and bugs and is diligent in checking everyone upon admittance into care.

http://headlicecenter.com/

To say I too have "extensive experience and training in live and it's removal" too almost makes me laugh lol. Almost every single one of my foster children (14 total in the span of the last 6 years) has come with a case ranging from minor to severe. I've been down this road far too many times to even want to be reminded of...

If a kid in my home has it, my home has it too. Or at least that's how I believe the situation should be handled. I would never declare my home eradicated in a days time. More like a week, and that's IF after multiple head and house checks I find no more evidence of infestation.

I guess we have simply reached different conclusions.