View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:25 PM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by mt_griz99:
We are in Montana.

I am going to bring the contract to a lawyer just for clarification, but there is no info in it about termination anywhere and the part where we put the end date, she is saying in contractually binding, but when I filled out the forms she just asked me how long I would be needing care and never mentioned that its contractually binding or I wouldnt have put an end date.
I would have major issues with that. Just because you knew you'd need care until summer break doesnt mean you are contractually obligated to pay through that date.

If she was trying to be sly, she'll still have to show proof of her intentions.

If she thinks you should have to pay through that date, then what happens if she termed you? Would she have to find you alternate care through the same date?

You had NO idea something (her quality of care, level of services etc) wouldn't change so I honestly don't think she acted in the best interest of her own business if she truly thought that things worked that way.... and if she did, she should have done a much better job of spelling it out so her clients had a clear understanding of that rule.

When I have policies in my contract that are important for parents to understand, it's discussed thoroughly and is in writing in multiple places in the handbook and the contract.