View Single Post
bklsmum 01:35 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
To All Day Care Providers. This is why it is ridiculous to charge for your vacation days. You are not an employee. You are self-employed. And in return for all of the decisions you get to make as a self-employed person, you give up certain advantages of being an employee. I do not pay my various contractors (through my work) for work not performed. I am fine paying for days when my kids are sick, as they are taking up spots in daycare. I do not feel it is right to ask for your customers to pay for your time off, as well as, either take their time off around your schedule or pay a second source to do the job you otherwise would have. When I use my PTO at work, my employer does not have to pay a second person to do the work when I am off.
As you said...We are NOT employees. We ARE self-employed. That means WE get to set our policies and do what we want with OUR business. If our customers don't like it they can go elsewhere but we get to decide what we want for OUR business and that may or may not include paid time off.