View Single Post
Max 11:34 PM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Like for me something I hadn't considered about running a daycare from home was that my family wouldn't be entirely on board.
Man that would be stressful! My family isn't really on board either but for different reasons. They think I'm making a mistake by leaving my big-girl corporate job some of my family understand it though. They know I'm not happy where I'm at (haven't been for years) and home daycare can be a really successful business.

Originally Posted by finsup:
I guess it's just an overall lack of respect that I didn't expect at all.
I can not thank this forum enough for giving me a wake up call on this area

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I knew I'd need a contract but I hadn't considered just how many policies I'd have to include.
Yep again, thank you to this forum!

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
That was my first misconception; never had time to actually just be with them.
My young kids are one of my reasons too. Not just spending more time with them, but ensuring they are getting plenty of outdoor play, stimulating activities, and eating nutritious foods.

Do you think if you could go back and do it differently, you could've incorporated some one-on-one time with them? Like having an early breakfast before DCKs arrive? Or putting your kids down for nap last so you could read a book to them?

Not trying to make you feel bad AT ALL! Just wondering if it can be done.

Originally Posted by Annalee:
I never thought I would have to TELL human beings repeatedly where to park and how to get their kids to their vehicle safely.

I will end with....I consider myself to be trustworthy, so I have attempted to trust my clients...well, TRUSTWORTHINESS is not within all people.
Yeah you would think that would be common sense (getting kids to car safely)

I know I'm too trusting of others as well.