View Single Post
Laurel 12:01 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I moved from a low-middle income area to an upper middle class area. It was good financially, but terrible from the type of parents I get. I deal with parent issues on an almost DAILY basis.

Today a dck came in with a half eaten candy bar Mom 'couldn't get away from him' and one came with pjs because she 'wouldn't get dressed' and one was a dope and drop! Seriously!
Some of that kind of stuff I just roll with. I guess it is just my laid back personality. I try not to sweat the small stuff. If something happens over and over, I'll address it but if occasionally someone isn't dressed (my grandson came like that one day) I just let them in and dress them myself. To me it is better than me feeling upset.

It doesn't mean I'll let it go on and on but here and there I just do what needs to be done. I remember my single mom daughter almost in tears that day that he wouldn't get dressed. He was being a real little butt. I am fine to help out if mom or dad is having a rough morning. We all have one from time to time.

Maybe it is because I was a stay at home mom and didn't watch children back then. I can't even imagine what a parent today has to go through working full time outside the home. I personally feel for parents today. I chose to live without all the gadgets and stay home but I'm not sure one income is even feasible these days even without the gadgets....dunno. It's a whole new world. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Laurel