View Single Post
kitkat 03:58 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
if the teacher and bus driver agree that everything is going ok then (and this is the part that sounds a little harsh) you should make sure that everything is ok and say "don't worry....you are ok" and proceed to ignore.
Exactly what I was going to say! Dcg easily gets herself worked up about stuff. The more dcm talks to her about something, the worse it gets. After I suggested to dcm to stop talking about it, tell her it'll be fine, and then move on, issues stopped. The only reason I even thought to tell dcm to stop talking about it was because dcg started doing it here and I wasn't about to fall into the trap dcm was falling into. Dcg was doing it more for attention than for anything else. I have a feeling your DD is just having a harder time adjusting, which is normal. Kdg is a huge leap for kids and parents! DS is in 1st grade this year and I'm finally not worrying about him all day. Keep your reassurance short and sweet and I'm sure it'll get better. Remind her when she's 13 and doesn't want to be seen with you anymore how she use to cry to be with you in Kdg