View Single Post
daycare 02:13 PM 02-06-2014
I have a dck who all of a sudden is being very mean to all of the kids. Saying hurtful things, taking toys, just flat out not being nice. He will be 4 in two weeks.

well yesterday afternoon, his friends got sick of him and told him, you are not being nice, so we don't want to play with you. The child came crying to me, NO BODY LIKES ME and NO BODY WILL PLAY WITH ME. I told him, go fix it.

He tried to say sorry, but then 2 min later, he made them all mad again. I let it play itself out and let the kids handle it. I did not allow the other kids to shun him or bully him in anyway, but I let them voice their feelings, which I believe they had every right to do. The dck ended up reading books alone in the reading sofa until he was picked up.

Well mom just sent me an email telling me that I was wrong for the way that I handled it and that I should make the other kids play with him regardless of what he did. They are kids and they need more guidance. She said that I was very unfair and that I allowed the other children to bully him.

I have not responded to her email, because I feel that I handled it just right. Sorry, if you are name calling, pushing, taking toys and just not listening, then no one is going to want to play with you. I feel that natural consequence played out here.

what do you guys think? was I wrong? Should I have forced them to play together even after I tried to fix it all morning?