View Single Post
Thriftylady 02:18 PM 12-25-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
It's best practice, and a good idea, for home based providers to draft injury reports but it is not in the title 22 regulations for family child care. I believe that it is required in childcare centers here in California.

I don't think anyone on here would suggest that you should never bring up or be concerned about an injury your child receives at childcare. However, home based settings are often more relaxed and "homey" than centers. Less paperwork oriented and more family friendly. It's why a lot of parents choose them.

This is why I suggest that if you select a home based program again, a conversation about what happened might be a better option. Alternatively, you could ask upfront what a providers procedures are for handling minor injuries. (Eg: do they fill out and give parents injury reports). Asking these questions upfront will help you to decide if the childcare is the best fit for you and your child.
It doesn't matter which parent showed a lack of trust. I handed a parent tuition for the following week back once and termed her on the spot when she basically told me she didn't trust me. To me, if you don't trust me you shouldn't leave your child with me another hour, much less another week. Just because it was your ex who showed distrust wouldn't make a difference, the distrust was shown. I have in my contract that I can terminate at will. As far as the eye being red and then getting bruised, I probably would have written a report to cover my backside, but I am not required to. But it likely didn't seem to be a big deal at the time, if the eye was read it may have been from a child rubbing it for all anyone knew, they may not have thought it was from a fall at the time.