View Single Post
Thriftylady 07:31 AM 12-26-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We totally trust the daycare and all the caregivers, we never try to offend anyone just wanted to avoid misunderstanding.
The dad and me always shown trust and respect to all the staff.
The day i asked for the report i told the provider that she had the option to make the report or not to, it was something that she will make it just if she wanted, trying no to make a big deal to make her feel offended.
Since the dad never calls or visit daycare anymore due to work schedule, he gets the written reports from his other child all the time for this reason.
Well, we have learned our lesson as parent.
We never got a contract with the provider or a handbook because she is a family based and we always try to have the best communication.
My daughter started in the program at a very young age (38 days), We trust her so much that didn't ask for any handbook or something like that.
Thank you all of you for your responses, it had help us a lot.
Well for me if the provider didn't have a contract and handbook, I for one would never use them. Family care is a business just like any other. A contract protects both parties, and a handbook keeps everyone on the same page. But you can't go back and complain about that now because you knew that when you signed up.

But I still say from your original post, I would have taken the whole thing as non trust. To go back and ask for an incident report for something that may not have happened at daycare is accusing to me. You say the bruise wasn't there at pick up, as a provider I can not and will not write a report on something that was never there. If a parent asked me for it, I would term on the spot. Like I said, I handed back tuition to a parent for the next week and termed for less. Distrust is distrust, and I for one will not work for anyone once it rears its ugly head. I would be even more inclined to term if the problem was coming from a parent I never seen.