Thread: Juice
View Single Post
Abigail 04:26 PM 11-17-2010
If she will not even drink water but likes strawberry milk, how about creating a fun activity? Use food coloring as a way to introduce the color. I would prepare water glasses with a few different colors and then leave one without color. Maybe create a "COLORS" week theme and do this for an after-nap and pre-snack activity so everyone's well rested. Let the girl know it's okay to try new things and talk about how neat all the colors are. How they smell (the same) and taste (the same).

Another day, freeze ice cubes in the different colors and put in just plain water cups and do the same type of activity. Maybe have a red and blue ice cube and one drink and talk about how the colors look together. This may create a fun activity for all the kids....ice cubes are fun in general until they get taken out of the glass, lol, BUT when someone tastes it and she see's all the "big kids" having fun drinking it, she will too.

Let me know if you go this route, I would like to see how it works. These can be science categories for color changes and solids/liquids or math activities for counting and grouping colors.