View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:17 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I interviewed a new client, (someone my husband kind of knows). She emailed me and said that quite honestly their only concern is our dog. Apparently the mother had a bad experience when she was younger with a black lab (that is the kind of dog we have). She never expressed that in the interview.
So she asked what kind of interaction the kids have with our dog and I explained that he does come out here on occasion and usually lays under my desk, and if the kids are in full active mode he is not allowed out there if he's laying some where else in the room, and he is never left unattended with them, none of my daycare kids usually even notice he is out there, he is a very mellow dog.
So while I do understand her concern, I feel like that would cause due stress on both of us, her dropping off daily concerned of our dog, and me knowing she is worried lol.

what would you say to them, leave the decision up to them still or tell them you think they should find care else where? I mean everything else was great with the interview
I would be honest and just tell her how much interaction the dog has with the kids and that you don't want ti entertain fears for something that appears to be HER issue.

Let HER decide if it works or doesn't..... but don't make changes to how you do things now with the dog for her. You will regret it.

I'd also make sure that you tell her if she decides to enroll you don't want to continually have to discuss the dog.