View Single Post
momma4many 06:00 PM 06-28-2011
It is happening when I am putting is shoes on, changing diaper or is otherwise in close enough proximity to hit or kick. Today it was when I picked him up after nap as well. I thought at first it was sort of an accidental arm or leg flailing, but it is apparent now that he is doing it on purpose. Today when dcd picked him up, I saw that he was slapping him on the way to the car, dcd just acted like it didn't happen. Maybe a phase he is going through and parents are doing nothing about it. I usually say "ouch! That's not nice! We don't hit (or kick) because that hurts". He laughs like I am joking and tries to do it again. I wonder if it is a way of him getting individual attention either positive or negative from me (he is an only child and I have been noticing a lot of attention seeking behaviors, all much milder than this). I have only had him for a week, so not sure as to how long this has been going on. Parents say he has never done this before, but I don't know if I believe that. What is curious to me is that it is towards adults only as far as I have seen. He has not shown any signs of this at all towards the other kids here.