View Single Post
Heidi 12:56 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
Okay..my plan is to say something like

"We really need to get serious about dcb aggressive behavior. If he bites again I will call you and you or someone else will need to come and get him. If it happens again after that I won't be able to provide care for him."

I feel that dcm feels she is being attacked. Today, I sent her a reminder text about the parent pay portion of her fees. She asked if this was because he was being bad. I felt bad, that she thought that! Well, we got that part straightened out...now I feel I need to lay it on the line and maybe it will help her get more serious about his behavior. He does similar things to her at home. And has had the same problems at other daycares.
Sounds SO familiar!

She probably feels helpless, but it's HER child, not yours.

Basically, she needs to hear that it's nothing personal, but that you have to weigh the needs of ALL the children in the group, not just her little man. That's just the way it is.

Some things she can do to help:

Make sure NO one is playing any kind of rough games with him. No play wrestling, etc. What seems like harmless fun at home or with the neighbor kids will "feed" this kids aggression. He needs protection from that until he's old enough to know the difference.

The same with any kind of violence on TV or video games. No Disney Movies or anything with "bad guys", nothing but roses-and-sunshine. He is not to be in the room when adult shows are on, he is not to witness people playing violent video games.

I have NO idea if any of this is happening. What I do know is that some kids can filter those things, and others can't. He sounds like one who can't. Iv'e seen both. My own boys were fine watching Power Rangers, but some of their friends couldn't handle that sort of thing at all.

Also...does he get enough sleep?