View Single Post
laundrymom 10:15 AM 11-12-2010
same with flights, I have a friend whos daughter had the peanut thing, sure enough, peanut free flight, someone had brought some in their bag, opened it, Kinley smelled it, said Momma there is peanuts here, started weezing, they emergency landed, emt's and ambulance met them on runway,.. and made it to the hosp in time,.... now she is 14,.. allergy had relaxed, she had tests ran at the hosp,.. steps from the er,.. found out she outgrew the peanut allergy,.. asked for a bite of peanut butter, because her whole life all she could do was see someone else eat it in a different room than her,..took a bite,.. all prepared to be happy she could finally eat it... poor girl hates it, lol. but she is no longer allergic.

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
When I was in school, there was a girl a few years behind me with a severe latex allergy. Each school she was in was a latex-free school--no latex gloves, balloons, band-aids, nothing latex. My niece's school has a student with this allergy now and is a latex-free zone. MANY elementary schools have nut-free classrooms, and I have heard of nut-free schools entirely (same with summer camps, daycare centers, etc). I have heard of one scent-free classroom in an area school.

Most food and environmental allergies are not that serious, this is true. But some few are very, VERY touchy and even being in the same room with the allergen can cause an attack--and if it's anaphylactic, then one attack can be fatal.