View Single Post
momofboys 11:35 AM 02-08-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
I just had someone call about daycare, and she asked if I would ok with being paid in food stamps.

Um, that's a new one!

I was like "I don't understand the question" LOL

So mom proceeds to give me her life history, she has 6 kids, she would need daycare for the youngest 2, she gets EIGHT HUNDRED dollars in food stamps per month but only needs about $400 because she also gets WIC and her oldest 4 get FREE breakfast AND lunch at school, and breakfast and lunch and snacks would be included with daycare, so really she has to feed them on the weekends, and dinner.

Anyhoo, she said she would pay me $400 in foodstamps to cover one kid for a month (I charge $100 a week) and $400 cash to cover the other kid. (I didn't get into how charging $100 for a week is NOT the same as charging $400 for a MONTH)

I tell her no, that I can not accept food stamps as payment, she could get in trouble, i could get in trouble, I use my payments for things OTHER than food, etc so I then cooly tell her. "If you don't need $800, I'm sure you could tell the food stamp office that $400 is plenty, and the other $400 could help another family who is struggling in this economy"

She gets p-i-s-s-e-d that I said that... she YELLS at me

"why would i just gives away 400 dollars for free, i guess i'll sells them someplace else" and hangs up on me

um...you aren't giving away 400 for free, you're GETTING 800 for free

omg...some people
Wowza! :-)