View Single Post
spinnymarie 07:29 PM 04-21-2014
In our specific situation, my kids were going to my mother's house while I went to work as a teacher, and once we had my youngest, 3 kids in 3 years, it was going to be too much for her, though she wouldn't say it outright, so my kids have a MUCH better relationship with her, now that she can come over and see them any time and isn't obligated to be their primary caregiver, and I think they of course benefit from ME being the primary caregiver. They actually see more of their dad, who can come home between meetings and things, and they have made great friends that they wouldn't otherwise have had at this age. They learn great things from the other kids here, they learn great things about being part of a group (not just a family) and they do lots more fun learning than they would've done otherwise. They will get to grow up with their cousins, and have a nice sense of community even before starting elementary school. I honestly find so many benefits, and I don't think that the sharing of toys diminishes any of it