View Single Post
Lorna 07:41 AM 02-16-2013
This daycare family is driving me nuts. Its one thing after another with them. I am so ready to terminate them.

-Within a week of starting in Oct. their son was here and had diarrhea. I called her to pick him up because it was bad enough it wasn't going to stay within the the diaper. Within the next few days he threw up. I called them to pick him up. Apparently that was my fault. Child shoves things in his mouth he shouldn't and chokes and pukes. ie leaves, hair, dirt. So the mom tells me she is givinng me 2 weeks notice. Uses the excuse that they are spending too much on gas. I was talking to another provider who referred them to me and told me they are looking for someone who will take the child when he is sick. She tries to tell them that isn't going to happen. So the woman than changes her mind and decides to leave him with me still.

-she sent him to daycare tylenoled. I can't prove it but I know she did.

-the child has missed alot of days being sick. and he is always sick. Her older boy (who isn't in my care) had symptoms of slapped cheek syndrome. I told her that is what it sounded like. Then sure enough the younger child gets it and spreads it around my house. All my daycare got it and my daughter.

-I've had to talk to the mom constantly about wiping the childs face. The child screams when you wipe his face. So she doesn't do it. Sends him to me with cereal plastered all over his face. I've had to ask her more than once about it. With this child constantly sick he has now been coming with snot all over his face. Dried on his face cheek to cheek. Again I had to say something. Between the food and the snot on his face...she cleans it for a bit and then stops again. So then I get to be the bad guy and clean his face. When you wipe this childs face he screams. Scares all the other kids in the house. Then I have at least 3 children crying because he is screaming. Now I can't even wipe his face or nose without screaming and crying. And with him being sick all the time, constant running nose.

-the parents are carrying the child everywhere. Its obvious that this child screams and they run to do what he wants. Which makes things difficult here. I say no and he screams. He has figured out if he screams they do what he wants. I've also mentioned the screaming and that I need them to be addressing that at home. I mentioned it months ago and it hasn't gotten any better. He doesn't cry at a normal level either. Screaming and crying combined.

-this past week on Tuesday when she dropped him off she said she was going to keep him home with his dad on Wed, thurs Fri. I said okay. He wasn't here for 2 days but then she callled and asked if he could come Friday. So friday morning she pays me for two weeks. I count it after she leaves and she deducted two days. I called her and asked. she said she must have counted it wrong would give it to me tonight. I asked if it was because of the two days he was off. She said no she knew she had to pay it. So her husband picks up the child leaves me with the money and he says "so my wife owes you for the two days that he wasn't here" . I answered ah yeah she told me she counted wrong. But yes you do have to pay for the 2 days. Its a full time spot and I couldn't possibly fill the space with no notice. If you are taking holidays let me know a couple of weeks in advance. The same way I do for you. He agrees and says he understands. What the are they trying to pull?? Obviously he is aware she was trying to not pay for those days. He got her caught in a lie.

I was ready to have the argument of you will have to pay it before he can return to daycare. Thinking they would put up a fight and find other care. It was so nice and quiet when he wasn't here those two days. I thought for sure this might be it and they would find other care.

I have other special needs children coming into my home in a few weeks. Its not 100% sure though. The screaming I just won't be able to do with him. I might just tell them I hurt my back and I can't lift him. So sorry they will have to find someone else right away. But I need the money so until I have someone else to take his spot or the other 2 children are here I can't do anything.

This is the only family I have a problem with. The other families are all great parents, great kids.