View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 10:02 PM 08-26-2016
Meh, I personally believe that a child this age is too old for a playpen and I would worry about the risk of the child climbing out and falling. I would definitely make this child my shadow and work on his behavior....consistently.

I am only allowed to use a restraint device(please don't read this wrong) if a child is a awake not sleeping. I cannot use a swing, bouncer, or seat for a sleeping child and this would definitely be inappropriate for a child of this age.

I do understand that this issue is difficult to manage and you will have to make the decision based on your ability, your group, and the child's ability to stop these behaviors.

I make this statement regarding the fact that there needs to be some expectations of this child's behavior. Are the parents working to discipline and have consequences for this child's behavior? Are they open to coming up with a consistent way for you and them to curb and teach good behaviors over bad ones? Children all go through this and it's the basics of teaching right from wrong and how to get along with others.