Thread: Contract
View Single Post
Scout 07:59 AM 12-30-2012
Thanks for the response! Here are my thoughts.

As for checking out what is the norm in my area, I know this as I was a dcf until October. We only paid $35 per day for both children, which included food. This was only $10 more per day for our second! We did not pay when the kids were not there, we did not pay for vacation for her, etc. Only when they were there.

The spelling & punctuation errors...I hate notepad!! And it was late so thank you for pointing them out!

The sibling discount is the norm for our area as well.

As far as the free days, I wanted to be competitive with other providers who do not give any. When my kids were in a home daycare setting, they were sick a lot. I would rather not collect a paycheck than have sick kids here, even if it is for one full week. I thought this would keep them home!

I did check out Craigslist when figuring rates. The norm around here is between $20-$30 a day for full time care...stinks!

H,F,M-good point. I will put that in

Late fees, Right now I feel I can be lenient with because I can only have 4 kids so there is not a whole lot of families to keep up with! They are usually picked up by 4 anyway. I just don't want kids here past 6 pm, KWIM?

The food comment I will reword so that they don't think I will make special meals. I did leave out about the provided food being without any special diet restrictions! Thanks for reminding me. I did tell them this in the interview but, somehow left it out!

The maternity leave is the norm here as well....

I think I have answered all your comments. I really do appreciate them! I can't believe I was up until 2 am doing this!