View Single Post
rmc20021 10:26 AM 02-13-2013
My opinion, there's not much you can do except let them spit out that bite if it's obvious they don't like it. They won't be putting more into their mouths so they won't keep spitting it out and that's the only way they know to get that awful taste out of their mouth.

IF, they keep taking bites and spitting it out, they're done because all they're doing at that point is playing around and it would cause other young children to try to copy, and it would teach all of them it's ok to play with your food.

Any child, no matter how old...once they start throwing their food or cups, I do the same thing...they're done! Clean them up and remove them from the table as they're obviously not hungry.

I'm very strict at the table though. I allow some talking, but if they're talking more than they're eating I try to tone it down some. If they are playing around, I make the main culprit leave the table until everyone else is finished and then they may return to finish their own meal (if they had not eaten enough to where I feel they are comfortably filled). That has worked nicely for me.