View Single Post
itlw8 07:02 AM 04-21-2013
They teach us not to say you are bad, you are mean etc but children are smart they have lots of language and everything you say or happens they believe is about them.... example if parents get divorced they think it is something they did wrong.

So if your child did something like take a toy away, hit, anything wrong and she said that is a mean thing to do to your friend. Or even that is not a nice way to treat your friend. ALl your child heard is you are mean even if it was never said.

even adults are like that if your dh says I do not like how those pants fit your rear. I bet you heard your butt is fat.

My son is ADD a grown up now but really that does not matter. He always thought the worst of himself. saying I am mean here is something he would have said. I think he would have meant I have trouble controlling myself here in this setting.

I know for sure his child thinks this way . In fact the school suggested a quiet place for him so we are sending a small tent just for him to calm down.