View Single Post
NeedaVaca 03:35 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
As information about the patient and his contacts come out, it becomes more worrisome to me. It sounds as if this family is all quarantined (though I don't think anyone has used that word) in the same apartment, which has not been cleaned, or even had the bed stripped that the patient slept in.

If the family hasn't had proper sanitation guidance (which who knows if they have or not - I have not heard anything about that) they may have slept in the bed. They may be using the same bathroom and be continually exposed to the body fluids of the patient there too. And yet if they clean, they are then exposing themselves to fluids by doing so. If things happened properly, the CDC or someone should have gotten them out of that apartment and done a proper medical containment/hazardous medical waste cleanup. Maybe that has happened - I hope so, but I keep reading that the family is being "monitored at home".
Now, IF the above is the situation, let's say most of the family doesn't become ill. But one person does. Now, within the 21 day confinement, this one person comes down with the illness. Now they have re-exposed the entire group. The 21 days have to re-set. The cleanup/containment has to be done again. Etc.
This is the kind of thing that I worry about.
The family is quarantined now because evidently they were having trouble staying home... They also are now saying it's possible he lied during the screening process for the flights.