Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
Unregistered 11:45 AM 11-17-2010
My daughter has known that Santa isn't real since she was about 4. She figured it out on her own (it doesn't help when mom & dad use the same wrapping paper as Santa!). She asked us if Santa was real. We tried to change the subject so that we wouldn't have to address it. She said that she thought that Santa was pretend because we use the same wrapping paper as Santa. We asked her if she wanted the truth and she said yes. We told her the truth and we told her that she can never, ever tell any other kids that Santa's not real because it might make them sad. She never did tell anyone about Santa and still loves Christmas as much as she did before she knew.

As far as the christianity aspect goes, I really don't think that believing or not believing in Santa is a good indicator of how good of a christian a person is. I think that the love and compassion that a person shows to others is a much better way to demonstrate faith. Don't be a christian, be Christ-like. I have a hard time believing that Jesus would find Santa offensive, so why should anyone else?