Thread: Santa Claus
View Single Post
QualiTcare 10:31 AM 11-18-2010
how could someone predict their child spilling the beans about santa? honestly, i don't think it's that big of a deal. yeah, i want my kids to believe in santa because it's fun. i also know that they are smart, they are skeptical, and telling that santa isn't real is what kids DO! kids told me santa wasn't real when i was young - my own siblings did. it didn't make me stop believing. it did make me try harder to catch him in action or bust my parents eating the cookies. heck, my siblings told me i was adopted. be thankful you're not having to convince her you're her mother.

you can't control what other people do. you teach your kids what you want them to know and believe and everyone isn't going to agree, but that's all you can do. you can't call everyone that ever tells your child something you don't want her to hear. you should be glad that your 7 year old believed as long as she has. if she's in school, i GUARANTEE this isn't the first time someone has said this to her. with christmas coming up, they probably talk about it all the time at school. the 9 year old turned 11 year old was probably just a scapegoat. she's heard it before and she's starting to wonder so instead of saying "mom, i don't think santa's real" it's "mom, suzy told me santa isn't real." it sounds more convincing that way. someone ELSE told me the truth! and someone older...she WANTS you to tell her suzy is lying, and you did. problem solved.

i just don't see what you expect from the parents. the "damage" has been done. the phone lines would blow up from overload if everyone called the parents of the child who told them santa wasnt real.